Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up a player for the Miracle League?
- It's easy! Visit the registration page and follow the instructions to download the Registration and Medical Release forms. Just fill those out and return where indicated via FAX, email or mail.
- What are the ages for players in the Miracle League?
- Our Youth League is open to players ages 4-18, and the Adult League is for players 19 and older.
Youth League to Adult League Promotion Policy
Any Youth League player who turns nineteen (19) BEFORE a season starts will play with the Adult League. If a player begins a season on a Youth League team and then turns nineteen (19) DURING that season in progress, that player can remain with their Youth League team for the remainder of that season. A season is considered either the eight weeks in the Fall or Spring, NOT the combination of the two. Any exceptions must be approved by the Charleston Miracle League Board of Directors.
The Youth League Director along with the players' coach, and the Adult League director will coordinate the move from the Youth League to the Adult League.
- Is there any cost to play?
- It's FREE! There's no cost whatsoever to play in the Charleston Miracle League. Plus, each player receives a cap, jersey and end of season memento from the league – all at NO cost!
- Is Miracle League safe?
- Absolutely. Each player's safety is the primary focus of the Charleston Miracle League. We use “soft core” baseballs (Youth League) to avoid injury, as well as plastic bats if necessary. Players participate on a specially-designed rubberized surface field. All players receive full attention and assistance from our coaches and “buddies,” who make sure your child is protected and having fun at all times.
- My player has severe challenges. Can he/she still participate?
- Absolutely! Our Staff, Coaches and Buddies make sure EVERY Miracle League participant enjoys the thrill of playing baseball! Every player gets a hit and scores a run each inning. Our specially designed rubberized playing surface allows players to fully participate regardless of their challenges.
- When are games held? Are there practices or other time obligations?
- There are NO practices. We play on Saturdays for an eight week season each Spring and Fall. Players participate as often or as little as they'd like every season. Once you're registered, all you do is show up to play a few minutes before your assigned team's game time!
- Where is the field?
- We play baseball at our state-of-the-art Charleston Miracle League complex in the City of Charleston's Forrest Park Playground located in West Ashley. The heart of this complex is our specially designed, rubberized-surface Joe Griffith Miracle Field, which allows players to fully participate regardless of their challenges. In addition, our complex boasts a fully functional concession stand, press box, covered picnic pavilion and handicap accessible restroom suites complete with lifts. Covered stands with viewing platforms ensure that everyone, regardless of his or her abilities, can enjoy watching a Miracle League game.
- How can I volunteer with the Miracle League?
- Fill out our volunteer registration form… we're always looking for Volunteers to be Buddies, Coaches, Announcers and more. Volunteer today – you'll be glad you did!
- How can I donate to the Miracle League?
- Visit our donation page The Charleston Miracle League is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization run by an all-volunteer board of directors. Your donation goes directly to the running of the league, which is FREE to all participants. Your financial support ensures that the CML will continue to positively make an impact on so many throughout the Lowcountry. We're a unique organization in the sense that you can always see EXACTLY what your donation supports - simply come out on an in-season Saturday and see how the CML is making a difference for so many!
- How can I be a sponsor for the Miracle League?
- Charleston Miracle League offers numerous promotional opportunities for sponsors who'd like to support CML with signage at Joe Griffith Miracle Field. We have several options available, from large outfield signs to our Foul Line Friends banners.
- History of the Miracle League
- See how we got started! Learn about the history of the Charleston Miracle League.